Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The following photos are my trip to the Chemung on an extremely frosty Monday morning. The Tracker got stuck at the Grove Street River Access site, because under the snow it was all thick ice.

We did eventually escape, but will have to park on the street and climb the levee next time.

Blogger won't allow me to edit the photos with text. They are in order of their appearance:

A view of the Chemung through trees and brush of Foster Island.

The access to Foster Island. The entire area around it, including the levee, is thick ice under a lovely blanket of powder snow. It would be perfect for cross country skiing, or even snow-shoeing.

The mouth of Hoffman Creek out to the river.

A sunny panorama taken from the top of the levee, right at the Access Site.

If I ever get a chance, I will incorporate the text with photos at a later date. If anyone has ever experienced this and knows how to correct it, please leave a comment.

Thanks.


For the record, it would seem the problem was related to my own returned notebook. Seems fine now. I notice a big variation in blogging from different computers. And don't get me started on the problems I face when using a MAC...

pb
Little Pond

2 comments:

Granny J said...

Hi -- I don't know if this will help, but here's how I do my picture posts. First, I do a shooting script,which is to say a list of the pictures in the order that I want them to appear. Then I break the list down to groups of five,that being the number of pictures that will load at one time. Next, I start loading, from the bottom working toward the top. This is the easy way to have the pictures in the order that I want them. Once all the pictures are loaded into the blog, I then can start writing & seldom have to move the pix from one spot to another. If you want to start writing at the very top of the blog, switch briefly to the html & put in a line space at the top, then go back to the regular form. Blogger loads the pictures with a line space between each picture, which makes it easy to put text between the pix. Hope this helps.

pb said...

Yep, sounds like what I do myself. Yesterday, though, all my blogging, Google or otherwise were having a problem.

Since we just regained our notebook, I have to conclude that something occurred in getting restarted.

We'll see what happens today.